MellyMel's "How-To" Guide for Blackberry

Tips and Tricks and "How To" for your berry!

1:27 PM

How to Install Zip File Themes

Posted by Anonymous

Zip Files are what you need to install themes via Desktop Manager if you don't have a data plan.

I dont provide zip files on my site but will send them via email for $5 donation.

Step 1. Make sure you have a Blackberry. Seems simple but I'm trying to cover all bases!

Step 2. Know your Operating System (from here on out we will call it OS).To find out your OS, on your BB go to Options/About. It will say Blackberry XXXX (insert device name here) and then v.. blah blah blah. Mine says v4.5.0.110, which is 4.5. Hooray, we have our OS.

Step 3. If you do not have a data plan and need a zip file for desktop manager, I will only provide them with donation and I expect these not to show up on a site without my permission. Please donate and specify in the seller instructions the OS and theme style *bottom dock or today plus*.

Step 4. Download the .ALX and .COD files to your computer from the email or from the theme designer's website if you have another zip file. Connect your BB via USB cable.

Step 5. Launch Desktop Manager on your PC. Usually takes some time to get it loaded (this is why I hate using zip files!) Using the application loader on DM, browse to locate the .ALX and .COD files and select next. Once it has loaded it will reboot your device.

Step 6. To select the theme you just downloaded, go to Options/Themes and scroll to the preview you wish to use. If you dont see the theme here, you either have selected wrong OS or you have a different device.Usually I keep about 4-5 themes on my device before it starts getting laggy. If you have more memory you may be able to manage more than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment