MellyMel's "How-To" Guide for Blackberry

Tips and Tricks and "How To" for your berry!

1:51 PM

How to Install OTA Themes

Posted by Anonymous

Step 1. Make sure you have a Blackberry. Seems simple but I'm trying to cover all bases!

Step 2. Know your Operating System (from here on out we will call it OS).

To find out your OS, on your BB go to Options/About. It will say Blackberry XXXX (insert device name here) and then v.. blah blah blah. Mine says v4.5.0.110, which is 4.5. Hooray, we have our OS.


Step 3. You need to download from your BB. OTA links are Over-The-Air downloads, so please dont try to open the file from your PC and then email me asking why it doesnt work. :) This is the one question I get asked the most so I am gonna make it bold!

If you do not have a data plan and need a zip file for desktop manager, I will only provide them with donation and I expect these not to show up on a site without my permission.

If you'd like theme changes please donate and specify in the seller instructions what you'd like me to change.

Step 4. If there's only one style (4.5 Bottom Dock OTA for example), the link is in the title, if there are multiple titles then just look for the hyperlinks that say OTA. You need to click on the link from your blackberry. I would suggest bookmarking my site, or copying the address in the header and emailing that to yourself. Select bottom dock or today plus style, and voila. You're done. Yaaay!!

Step 5. To select the theme you just downloaded, go to Options/Themes and scroll to the preview you wish to use. If you dont see the theme here, you either have selected wrong OS or you have a different device.

Usually I keep about 4-5 themes on my device before it starts getting laggy. If you have more memory you may be able to manage more than that.

TO DELETE THEMES >> Go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and scroll until you see the theme you want to delete under com_plazmic_theme_blah blah blah theme. Hit the menu button and select delete. It will prompt you to restart to save the changes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment